Monday 31 January 2011

end of stock take (and not before time)

The stock take, and my role in it, are finally over for another year.  Today I finished the count in the heated polytunnel.  At least that meant I spent the morning with some plants, which was an improvement on yesterday afternoon, which was spent counting bird boxes and packets of jubilee clips.  The plants are pretty tightly crammed in at this time of the year, so reaching them all to read what they are is a bit like playing a solo game of twister, especially as most of the labels are below knee height.  Who would have thought there were so many different sorts of Indigofera?  They all look like heaps of dead sticks without their leaves, and I wouldn't want to mix up my pendula and my potaninii, or my hebepetala and my heterantha.  It's lucky that many years' experience of commuting and working in an office prior to my horticultural career left me with a highly developed ability to read upside down.  One must extract enjoyment where one can, but thank goodness that's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment