Monday 30 May 2011

preview of a day

Back in the 1990s there was a brief craze for Japanese electronic pets called Kamagochi.  They required to have their buttons pushed at regular intervals to 'feed' them and 'play' with them, otherwise they stopped working.  The Far Eastern desk of the place I used to work for back then had one, but found it rather a nuisance, as they couldn't really take it into meetings with stockbrokers and suchlike, and they had to leave it with their desk assistant to tend in their absence.  I believe it died quite quickly.

Having set myself the target of posting something on the blog daily, and writing it on the day, can occassionally have Kamagochi-like qualities.  I'm working today, then going straight from work (clocking off an hour early) to go to a performance of J. S. Bach's Magnificat in St. Mary's Church in Hadleigh.  By the time I get home I don't think I'll have the energy to compose blog posts.  Also it seems a bit mean to my life's companion to get in through the door mid-evening, and rush straight to the keyboard.  Writing some blog posts in advance, that could be quickly pasted in on the day, was suggested, but I think that would lose some of the dynamic quality of response to events.  Also I thought about writing this on Sunday evening, then went and sat in the conservatory with a glass of chilled white wine instead.  The setting sun does show up the smears on the glass.  I was afraid it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment