Friday 3 January 2014

a sick story

I spent the morning feeling sick.  The Systems Administrator was sick.  I rallied myself sufficiently to go out and check the watering of the pots in the greenhouse and conservatory, and found that mice had excavated almost all the pots of crocus and fritillary bulbs.  I really don't have the energy to think of anything amusing to say about that.

Later on I felt less sick, and ate a toasted roll that was not even stale despite being several days old, thanks to the miracles of modern preservatives in commercial bread.  So much for making my own in 2014.  The Systems Administrator ate a packeted soup and some crisps without being sick, so we are evidently on the mend.  I rallied even more, after a nap, and put out the dustbins, except for the paper recycling, since there is half a gale blowing, if not a full one, and it would only blow all over the garden.  We never did find the lid of the dustbin, but I don't think the paper recycling would be so discreet.

The wind has blown one of the replacement acrylic sheets out of the roof of my greenhouse.  The good news is, it has not broken, so tomorrow if we are feeling stronger we can go and put it back in again.  Onwards and upwards.  At least the start to my New Year has been both low calorie and teetotal.

No comments:

Post a Comment